- You are living from hand to mouth.
- You are over-indebted.
- You are frustrated by your living conditions.
- You are struggling to maintain what you deem as a socially acceptable appearance.
- You have to always make a plan to get to work because you run out of funds 15 days before pay day.
- You have to scratch Thato's back to get to work once you have depleted your earnings.
- "I'm the breadwinner" is how you introduce yourself.
- You don't see how being employed is changing your life.
- Getting up for work is a burden.
- You forget your lunch box 20 times a month.
- You are the unluckiest person in the world at work because all the unfortunate things in the world happen to you and result in you being unable to report for duty.
- You have a persistent medical condition which attacks you on the last week of the month, and only the GP up the road seems to understand it.
- You want to leave your current job in pursuit of another job to increase your income for you to balance or manage your life better.
I get it. You are uninspired. "Your life will not get better by chance; it will get better by change."
Change in perspective, change in positioning, change your approach, change your habits, change your words and change your world.
You are going through life without a plan, putting a plan together feels futile, money is at the core of all your problems so what's the point?
Well, planning is at the core of your solutions. A plan will allow you to clarify your goals and challenges then help you to identify the steps you need to take to move forward. The challenges you face may cross more than one discipline; therefore, you will need to work with more than one professional to resolve them.
Clarifying your goals will give you a long term vision and short term motivation which will help you manage your time and resources. Assess your life and be your own goals.
"A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true. " - Greg Reid